What’s Your Festive Style Type?

When it comes to party season dressing, do you have a type? Does every invitation send you into a sartorial tailspin or do you keep the fashion faith by reverting to a tried and tested look?

Admittedly, a festive family and friends get together won’t require the same effort that goes into a cocktail party, although for someone like me whose motto is Never Knowingly Under Dressed, this can be pushed as far as possible. And frequently is.

No…I’m referring to the office party, the New Years Eve bash or any type of event where seasonal dress up is required. Here are three of my favourites that instantly spring to mind…

Glorious Glamour

Diva earrings – Claudia Bradby, Raoul silk georgette V neck Wallis gown – My-Wardrobe, Eddie Borgo silver-tone crystal cuff – Net-A-porter, Sugar sparkle hardcase clutch – Accessorize, Asymmetric Sandal – Karen Millen

The Sleek Alternative

Stone arch earrings – Topshop, Paul Smith Black crepe tuxedo jacket – My-Wardrobe, Paul Smith Black slim leg trouser – My-Wardrobe, Premium teardrop sequin vest – Topshop, Lanvin Swarovski crystal ring – Net-A-Porter, Red Swarovski Crystallized lips clutch – Lulu Guinness, Hide Out embellished strappy sandal – Dune

Make Mine A Cocktail

Diamante centre flower drop earrings – Warehouse, Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti feather trimmed dress – Stanwells, Love Rocks adjustable stone ring – ASOS, Anya Hindmarch Marano music box crinkle clutch, Christian Louboutin Vampandoo 100 satin & suede sandals – Net-A-Porter

Which festive season look will you go for or does it depend on your mood?

If you’re looking for stylish seasonal pieces, don’t forget to check out The Shopping List for a few of my favourite online shops.

Header image: My-Wardrobe

Comments

1. Jennie says

If we step away from reality for a moment then the answer is absolutely “Make Mine A Cocktail”! I love feathers and Louboutins – what a gorgeous look. Sadly I don’t get invited to that many parties so my Christmas will be more about comfy knitwear, maybe a nice scarf, and pretty flats! xx

2. says

Yes I would wear that dress to the Christmas street party ( in Aus that is literal, street blocked off by council and kids riding round on bikes and skateboards etc) or a barbie if it meant getting to wear it!

3. Jo Prado says

Got to be Glorious Glamour for me all the way!! What a gorgeous colour… very similar to mine from The Fokd which I hope will make at least one appearance during the festive season. For the festive family get together a I’ve just taken delivery of the Shimmer Raglan jumper from Great Plains… perfect with slim black trousers & heels! Xx

4. Sharon says

“The sleek alternative” all the way for me! I am, and always have been, a short hair girl and I always feel happiest in trousers. I love the sequin vest, and the clutch absolutely makes the look. Just need somewhere to wear it all now…

5. tina says

Any of the above, or a mix of them. My moto is glitter and when in doubt, more glitter :-) seriously though, something extra elegant, which cannot be worn during the year.

6. Tracy says

Out of the selections above, so long as the Paul Smith pants were skinny and just hit the ankle, I’d wear those with the tux jacket (with the sleeves nonchalantly pulled up of course!), switch what looks like a silver sequin vest to a gold one, and pinch the gold Anya clutch and Loubs from the third look!! I hate fake tan, and think tights can easily ruin a dress so showing off your legs in the depths of winter is too much stress!!!!! Anyway, I hate being cold!!! Maybe I’m just getting too old!!!!